Wednesday 23 July 2014

A summertime glow

With my fair skin and new found understanding of the ageing effects of the sun, I'm not one to spends hours in the sun trying to get myself a tan. I haven't always been so anti sun worshipping but since having my skin scan at Destination Skin Birmingham (post coming later this week)and realising that achieving a 'healthy glow' through tanning is really just showing off dead skin cells, I'll be dodging sun exposure more than ever. At least, once my phototherapy programme ends.

Also, I can't get on with self-tanning. I really like having some colour to my skin, particularly my face as it helps to even out any marks or blemishes, but the faff and the smell of self-tanning is really off-putting. In the last I've used lots if different lotions and sprays, and I've exfoliated and moisturised and caked myself in tanning products. The results look ok the next day, although there's always somewhere you've missed or the tanner has taken too much, but a couple if days later, you start getting patchy and you have to go through the whole long-winded, smelly process again.

That's why this Summer, I'm trying other ways to give my face a healthy glow that really means my skin is healthy and aided to look its best.


My new-found, must-have product that I am head over heels for is Decleor's BB Cream. I recently discovered this brand during a spa day at Center Parcs Aqua Sana Spa and during a beauty session, everyone hit to try this wonder product and I watched as different women of different ages all applied the same cream, which adapted to their skin and left everyone with a really lovely, natural, healthy-looking glow. It was amazing and my friend and I were sold on the spot.


The main benefits this BB cream promises is 24 hour hydration and a nice glow that adapts to your skin tone as you blend. I use this every day, following moisturiser and before adding concealer and the rest of my make up. I find it makes me look radiant, not shiny, and my skin does look like my skin is hydrated and plump, all day long. Honestly, I love this cream and it's sure to be one item that will become a staple. The RRP is £29 but I've recently discovered Beautyexpert.com and will be buying from there when I run out, as they have top name brands at much more attractive prices.


My other favourite beauty find this summer is No7's Pop and Glow Cream Blush Sticks. Available in three shades, these are chubby cream blush sticks which blend really smooth and give a great pop of colour. I have the Rose Blossom bright pink and Mango Sorbet peach shades and find the colour lasts well, can be built up for more of an impact and they don't feel heavy on your skin. 

I was over the moon to find out last week that they've added two highlighters to this range - called Instant Radiance Highlighters - and naturally, I had to snap one up. Priced at £9.95 each, with a current offer of buy one get another half price available on all No7 products (plus there's a £3 off voucher too if you spend £4 at Boots), these are brilliant value. I have one on me at all times to top up as needed throughout the day and they give me an added touch of colour that's just perfect for summer.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig