Monday 7 July 2014

Meet A Mum Monday - Aby from You Baby Me Mummy

I had the pleasure of meeting Aby from You Baby Me Mummy at BritMums Live having read her blog and spoken to her via Twitter and Instagram for a while. She's such a lovely, bubbly person and I love the honesty of her blog posts. She's the latest mama to guest feature on To Become Mum so get yourself a cup of tea and enjoy getting to know Aby a little better...


1. Hello, what's your name and where do you come from?

Hi, I'm Aby and I blog over at You Baby Me Mummy.  I was born in Cheshire, but lived in Scotland for seven years.  I now live on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.

2. Tell us about your children.

We have one daughter, 'Baby', who is a feisty 15 months old.

3. When did you know you wanted to be a mum?

I started to think about it when I passed 30, but I wasn't ready to give up riding, horses and competing.  Then a few years ago it became all consuming and I knew it was what I wanted most in the world.

4. What's you favourite moment as a mum so far?

I don't think I have one favourite moment.  I love it when I get smiles, cuddles and kisses. I also love it when she is so thrilled she has learned something.  Just being the one person that makes someone else's world better. 

5. What do you wish people had told you before you became a mum?

Nothing that I know now would have put me off wanting to be a mum.  We could never prepare the bottles according to NHS guidelines and so we wasted so much money on ready prepared milk (as we fed on demand).  I wish someone had told us earlier that there are other (perfectly good) ways to prepare bottles, which will be easier.  

6. If we were to look in your changing bag, what would we find?
Raisins!  I have a lovely Sugar Jack bag and apart from raisins you will find, Baby's water and milk bottle (just incase!), spare Baby clothes, my purse, my tablet (for blogging in lay bys when Baby falls asleep), bib, sunhat, snack box, sun cream, rain mac in bag, shopping bag that folds into a tiny pouch, 


7. What were the top things you had for your baby that you would recommend to other mums?
  • Angel Care movement monitor - literally could not live without it.
  • Baby Sleeping bags

8. What things could you have done without?
  • Crib
  • Moses Basket

9. What baby brands do you like and why?
  • Fisher Price - great toys, well made, child friendly
  • Little Bird clothing - retro inspired clothing range
  • Puckababy - Fabulous all seasons sleeping bags

10. Are you a working mum? If so, how do you find it?

At the moment I am a SAHM and blogger.

11. What do you enjoy most about being mum?

Being with my daughter everyday and watching her grow.  Sharing the special moments and making memories as a family.

12. How do you make time for being 'you'?

I must admit I don't really do this.  Any spare time I have (when Baby is in bed) I spend blogging.  My first time away from Baby was in April when I went to Blog Camp then last month with I went to BritMums live

13. Tell us about your blog / where we can find you online.

You Baby Me Mummy is a Parenting & Lifestyle blog.  I blog about our family, our daughter growing up and anything else that takes my fancy.

14. What's the best thing about being a blogger?

There are so many things!  Probably the community.  The blogging community is far and away the most supportive group of people I have ever met.  I also love having a creative outlet, committing our memories, being involved in exciting projects and lots more!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig