Thursday 7 March 2013

A thank you to my Mum

With Mother's Day a couple of days away, I thought I would post something topical.

It's still hard for me to believe, despite the frequent wriggles and lovely big bump being there to remind me, that I am going to be a Mum. My due date is two months today and I really don't think it'll fully sink in until our little bundle arrives. It's also crazy to think that this time next year, I'll be celebrating my first proper Mother's Day myself!

I'm lucky that this weekend I will be visiting my Mum as it's also my Dad's birthday too. As they live in Hampshire and I live in Birmingham, our visits are every few weeks and this weekend will be my last trip down south before baby comes.

Everyone says you only fully understand your own Mother when you become one yourself but I just wanted to say a big thank you to my Mum now and say I do appreciate everything she has done for me.

Sadly my parents had a daughter before I was born but she only lived for a few hours. I was born two years later and I know how much I meant to my parents. They only wanted one child and I know to this day that my Mum dotes on me. She's very excited about becoming Nanna and I think that this Mother's Day will be extra special for both of us.

Happy Mother's Day Mum!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig